In Rotterdam, Netherlands
September 15 and 16th September 2023
Lawyers and Law Students under 35 years of age
The Competition is a great opportunity to:
- practice and improve oratory skills
- learn to present a case to an international audience of lawyers
- develop legal English and general oral English skills
- meet with lawyers from jurisdiction across Europe
- meet young lawyers from Rotterdam
- enjoy Rotterdam
The Competition is organized by the European Bars Federation (FBE)/ its Human Right Commission and will be hosted by the Rotterdam Bar.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Prepare a 10 minutes speech on: “The situation of women’s human rights in the world today” to be presented to an International Jury in Rotterdam with other participants from different countries.
If selected amongst the four best contestants, defend a position against an opponent on another topic the following day.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should be completed on the accompanying form and approved by the your Bar Association. Please contact your Bar and send your application to the relevant person. The form must then be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12.00 midday on 18 August 2023